The top two questions we are asked in our clinic during a consultation are; “how long is this going to take?” and “what can I do to speed up this process?”
What most people don’t realize is that a successful tattoo removal treatment is about 20% what the laser does and 80% what your body does. We rely on the inner workings of our immune and lymphatic system to clear away our ink in a timely manner with little to no complications. And since no two bodies are exactly the same this is where things can get a little tricky. Essentially, no matter what we do there is not much that widely affect what the ink does and what our body decides to do with it, however there are some do’s and don’ts to help the process move about more proactively.
1. DO hydrate! Drinking plenty of water will help things get moving and a well hydrated body is a properly working body.
2. DO get moving! Good circulation is everything during tattoo removal treatments. Engaging in activities that get your heart pumping can increase circulation which, in turn can lead to more optimal results.
3. DO keep it out of the sun! Avoiding sun exposure can help immensely during the tattoo removal process. When clients have had too much recent sun exposure we often have to send them home or adjust our settings down to compensate for the added heat or color in the skin, which can prolong the treatment process.
4. DO avoid smoking! Smoking cigarettes is known to slow down circulation and blood flow which works against us during tattoo removal. It also increases healing time and time in between treatments.
5. DO Avoid excessive alcoholic beverages! Alcohol has also been known to slow down circulation and increase healing time. For us, the bottom line is just staying as healthy as possible during the treatment process. But if your clients follow these simple guidelines it will help to insure smooth treatments with optimal results.